UPDATE: Due to the high demand we are now switching to single pack purchase per transaction!
As previously announced, the first Card Pack Sale for MotoGP™ Ignition non-fungible tokens (NFTs) begins on 26 March 2021 on www.motogp-ignition.com. In this post you can learn all the details you need before the sale goes live.
A brief introduction: MotoGP™ Ignition is an officially licensed MotoGP™ competitive management and collectibles game built on the Flow blockchain, and is one of the titles in the REVV Motorsport ecosystem. MotoGP™ Ignition will deliver two forms of MotoGP™ branded experiences centered around limited-edition non-fungible tokens (NFTs): Collection and Racing Management.
Players can collect different MotoGP™ collectibles, including riders, bikes, coaches, gear, and bike parts. All are NFTs, available in various rarities. The NFTs sold during this sale will offer utility to the Racing Manager game, and will be used in collection events.
In the Racing Management game, players will use NFTs in a multiplayer management game and earn rewards that have real value, including REVV tokens. Play-to-Earn is a key concept in the REVV Motorsport ecosystem and in MotoGP™ Ignition specifically (learn more about REVV here).
First Card Pack Sale starts 26 March!
The first edition of MotoGP™ card NFTs with early print numbers is about to drop. The first sale begins on 26 March 2021 at 9 am (UTC). There will be 3 different types of card packs on sale. To help ensure that everyone has a fair opportunity to obtain a pack, a maximum of 1 pack can be purchased at once.
The sale will run from 26 March to 2 April 2021, with payment via credit card only (additional payment options will be added in the future). Any unsold card packs after this period will be destroyed, so this is the only opportunity to obtain the first edition of MotoGP™ Ignition NFTs with early print numbers (more details on “Series” and “Print” below).
The first sale features 15 riders and 15 bikes of the MotoGP™ Championship 2020 Season. The remaining riders and bikes will be released in the second sale, planned for 9 April 2021.
Please note: Card packs from the first sale can be opened starting 21 April 2021. (Please note that this has been delayed to May 2021)
About the Card Packs in this Sale
The sale starts on 26 March 2021 at www.motogp-ignition.com and offers 3 types of card packs. All packs contain 3 cards for the 2020 MotoGP™ Championship Season, as follows:
- 2020 Season Rider Pack: Standalone Rider (3 cards each featuring a Rider)
- 2020 Season Bike Pack: Standalone Bike (3 cards each featuring a Bike)
- 2020 Season Team Pack: Riders and their Bikes (3 cards each featuring both a Rider & Bike)
The riders and bikes offered in this card pack sale are the following:
- Andrea Dovizioso, Ducati Desmosedici GP20 (Ducati Team)
- Bradley Smith, Ducati Desmosedici GP20 (Ducati Team)
- Danilo Petrucci, Ducati Desmosedici GP20 (Ducati Team)
- Maverick Viñales, Yamaha YZR-M1 (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP)
- Valentino Rossi, Yamaha YZR-M1 (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP)
- Fabio Quartararo, Yamaha YZR-M1 (Petronas Yamaha SRT)
- Franco Morbidelli, Yamaha YZR-M1 (Petronas Yamaha SRT)
- Pol Espargaró, KTM RC16 (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing)
- Miguel Oliveira, KTM RC16 (Red Bull KTM Tech3)
- Joan Mir, Suzuki GSX-RR (Team Suzuki Ecstar)
- Álex Rins, Suzuki GSX-RR (Team Suzuki Ecstar)
- Jack Miller, Ducati Desmosedici GP20 (Pramac Racing)
- Francesco Bagnaia, Ducati Desmosedici GP20 (Pramac Racing)
- Aleix Espargaró, Aprilia RS-GP (Aprilia Racing Team Gresini)
- Cal Crutchlow, Honda RC213V (LCR Honda)
Supply and Pricing
The above table applies only to the 26 March 2021 sale. Future sale events will differ in supply details.
Card Pack Details
Every card pack can contain cards of any grade. Higher grades are rarer and therefore have lower drop rates, with the probabilities shown in the following table:
This means that the luckiest pack you can open will contain 1 Rare, 1 Epic, and 1 Legendary cards, and the least lucky pack will contain 2 Common and 1 Rare cards.
There isn’t a fixed supply, but each card has the same percentage chance to appear in a card pack as every other Card.
Like the cards themselves, the card packs are NFTs — as such, they can be sold and traded. Each card pack has its unique set of attributes:
- Name: name of the card pack
- Description: brief description of the contents of the card pack
- Edition: if the same card packs and cards are issued in the future, they will be marked as a new Edition (e.g., “Edition 2”)
- Series: card packs of the same Edition can be split into different Series available in different sales. For example, in this sale not all Edition 1 packs are available because it features 8 riders and their bikes (Series 1); the next sales offering the other riders and bikes of the 2020 season will be Series 2 and 3.
- Theme: theme of the card pack’s contents
- Class: card packs in the current sale are classified as Basic, meaning they are the core version of cards
Cards are the core asset for MotoGP™ Ignition’s collectibles experience. The cards have a set of attributes to determine how they are counted in collections, as well as effects when used in the race management game component of MotoGP™ Ignition.
Each card has the following attributes:
- Name: name of the rider or bike on the card
- Team: affiliated team of the rider or bike
- Number: rider’s racing number (this is also on the bike)
- Description: brief description of the card
- Season: racing season of the card (all cards in the current sale are in the 2020 season)
- Grade: rarity and scarcity levels of the card are grouped in grades of Common, Rare, Epic, and Legendary
- Theme: card packs come in different theme, with the first theme being “2020 Competitors”
- Style: influences the design of the card, with some Styles only available for certain Grades. For this sale, there will be cards with 4 different Styles, each being paired with a Grade: Base style for Common, Grid style for Rare, Hole-Shot style for Epic, Podium style for Legendary
- Print: number that increases for each card in each grade that exists. The Print number is directly related to the time of sale,, with the cards with lower Print number being available in earlier sales.
- Type: descriptor categorizing the content; for this sale it refers to: Bike, Rider, or Team (which is a Bike + Rider card)
- Wallet creation begins: 24 March 2021
- Sale start: 26 March 2021, 9:00 am (UTC)
- Sale end: 2 April 2021, 9:00 am (UTC)
- Cards from the first sale can be opened from: 21 April 2021
- Payment via Credit Card only (other forms of payments will be added in future sales)
- Both Cards and Card Packs are NFTs and can be traded
Questions? Come and join the conversation!
MotoGP™ Ignition can be found across social media and its dedicated Discord channel. We welcome newcomers to blockchain and veterans alike, with our super friendly mods and community open to answer questions
You can also keep up-to-date with everything REVV Motorsport on Twitter and Telegram, come and join the conversation!
Follow Animoca Brands Twitter and Facebook for the wider news on every project of Animoca Brands